You have decided that now is the time to make a move. The market is brisk but theproper preparation will make the difference between a good transaction or a very disappointing one. First you have some work to do. Then you have to contact aknowlegable Real Estate Profession to help you. He or she will know the market you are looking in and and make the search much easier.
1) Get your finances in order. Calculate your monthly payments and determine the amount you can comfortably pay on a mortgage. It is nice to own your dream home but if you are house poor, it can tarnish your enjoyment. A Mortgage Specialist can help with this.
2) Save for a Down Payment. If you are a First Time Home Buyer there are special considerations. Be informed. Your job is to have the funds available.
3) Research the interest rates and decide on the term you are most comfortable with. For instance, if you have a 20 year mortgage and you double your payments you can pay it off in approximately 7 years.
4) Prepare for property taxes. If you are moving up in homes or into a new area, you may find the property taxes are substantially more than you are paying or more than other areas you are researching. Always consider this in you monthly costs.
5) Get pre-approved for a Mortgage. Again, your Mortgage Specialist can help with that. This is dependent on your credit rating and will help narrow your search.
6) Decide on the type of home you want: a rancher, a two-story, split level, raised rancher.How many bedrooms do you need, is a finished basement a must.
7) Consider renovations costs and determine if you want a move-in ready home or one that needs some upgrading. if you are not handy and have to hire for every improvement this may not be the way you want to go.It can be costly.If you can do the work yourself, have the time and are patient, the costs of renovations will be considerable less and you may be able to get more house for your budget.
8) Decide on the neighborhood that best suits you or your family needs.Consider amenities such as waterfront, golf courses, proximity to the downtown, shopping, banks, schools.
9) Check the MLS listings and familiarize yourself with what is out there in your price range and with your requirements.
9) Contact the Real Estate Agent of your choice.Do your homework. Be sure you chose a knowlegable agent who knows the area and can make your transaction an enjoyable one.
Now you are ready! Get out there and put your agent to work for you. Call me, Wayne Liddy 519-436-4810 Royal LePage Pefier Realty Inc. Brokerage, Chatham-Kent. I pride myself on Good Old Fashioned Service with the Latest Technology. I have been serving people in this Industry for over 30 years and I know Chatham-Kent and its surrounding areas. Call me today at 519-436-4810 and put me to work for you. Happy Hunting!
Royal LePage Peifer Realty Inc. Brokerage, independently owned & operated
MLS®, REALTOR®, and the associated logos are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association.
The listing content on this website is protected by copyright and other laws, and is intended solely for the private, non-commercial use by individuals. Any other
reproduction, distribution or use of the content, in whole or in part, is specifically forbidden. The prohibited uses include commercial use, "screen scraping",
"database scraping", and any other activity intended to collect, store, reorganize or manipulate data on the pages produced by or displayed on this website.
The information contained on this site is based in whole or in part on information provided by members of The Canadian Real Estate Association, who are responsible for
its accuracy. CREA reproduces and distributes this information as a service for its members and assumes no responsibility for its accuracy.
This website is operated by a brokerage or sales person who is a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association.
REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and the REALTOR® logo are certification marks that are owned by REALTOR® Canada Inc. and licensed exclusively to The Canadian Real
Estate Association (CREA). These certification marks identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA and who must abide by CREA's By-Laws, Rules and the
REALTOR® Code. The MLS® trademark and the MLS® logo are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are
members of CREA.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and the associated logos identify professional services rendered by REALTOR® members of CREA to effect the
purchase, sale and lease of real estate as part of a cooperative selling system. Canadian Real Estate Association Last Updated: 8/24/2019 11:07:37 AM